Tetra Arc Furnace for Crystal Growth
Manufactured by GES Corporation, this tetra arc crystal furnace uses the Czochralski pulling method and four electric arcs to grow a wide range of metallic-conductive materials such as metallic compounds and high-temperature superconductors. Achieving a 10-6 Torr vacuum within an hour, and using four electric arcs to heat materials up to 3000° C, this furnace provides easy operation and real time monitoring of the crystallization process via CCD camera and four monitoring windows.
Features of the GES Tetra Arc Furnace:
- Single crystal growth by Czochralski pulling method
- Four electric arcs to uniformly melt materials up to 3000° C
- Vacuum system that reaches 10-6 Torr vacuum in one hour
- Easy operation of all growth parameters
- Convenient handling of materials
- Four monitoring windows
- CCD camera for real-time monitoring of growth process
Tetra Arc Furnace is Capable of Growing:
- Metal compounds
- High-temperature superconductors
Single-Crystal Growth of f-Electron Intermetallics in a Tetra-Arc Czochralski Furnace: A paper summarizing the benefits and crystal growth process of the GES Tetra Arc Furnace – M. Szlawska and D. Kaczorowski, ACTA Physica Polonica A, Vol. 124, Page 336 (2013).