Quantum Design Careers
Interested in a career opportunity at Quantum Design? Our corporate offices are located in San Diego, CA, where we have a variety of career opportunities in different departments such as: Accounting, Customer Service, Documentation, Engineering, Human Resources, IT, Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality Control and Sales.
At Quantum Design, we want to create an environment that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to our employees. We believe our employees drive the success of our company, and that belief created our Core Values:
Build a desirable workplace for all our employees.
Develop high quality instruments based on innovative technology.
Satisfy every customer to the best of our ability.
Run the company with clarity and courage.
Reports To: Software Supervisor
Located in San Diego, California, Quantum Design, Inc. is the leading commercial source for automated materials characterization systems incorporating superconducting technology. Quantum Design's instruments may be found in the world's leading research institutions, and have become the reference standard for a variety of magnetic and physical property measurements. Quantum Design's. instruments are cited in, and provide the data for, more scientific publications than any other instrument in the fields of magnetics and materials characterization. This means that each year, literally hundreds of scientific publications, advancing the science of materials, use data generated from Quantum Design's instruments.
- Design, implement, and verify embedded firmware written in C and C++, for cryogenic systems and subsystems.
- Active participation in all phases of development, from requirements capture through deployment and maintenance.
- Design, implement, and verify test tools, utilities, and frameworks in a variety of compiled and interpreted languages, as needed to support embedded firmware development.
- Design, implement, and verify control system algorithms and signal processing blocks in discrete time domain.
- Design, implement, and verify simulation models for cryogenic systems and subsystems.
- Position requires a MS in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Laboratory experience with measuring instruments and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to write production code in C, C++, any DotNet language, and Python.
- Experience coding for SPI, I2C, CAN, and asynchronous communications.
- Will have a Masters or PhD in targeted fields.
- Formal training in both DSP and Control Systems.
- Direct experience with closed-loop and/or open-loop motion control systems.
- Direct experience writing units tests and regression tests.
- Publications and/or patents specific to embedded applications.
- Familiarity with industry standards including MISRA and IEEE-829 and -830.
How to Apply
Click the "Apply Now" button under each job opportunity listing and attach your resume to the email.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Quantum Design is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions, policies and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws. Quantum Design will not tolerate or engage in unlawful discrimination including any form of unlawful harassment, on account of a person's sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any protected group.