Quantum Design Careers
Interested in a career opportunity at Quantum Design? Our corporate offices are located in San Diego, CA, where we have a variety of career opportunities in different departments such as: Accounting, Customer Service, Documentation, Engineering, Human Resources, IT, Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality Control and Sales.
At Quantum Design, we want to create an environment that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to our employees. We believe our employees drive the success of our company, and that belief created our Core Values:
Build a desirable workplace for all our employees.
Develop high quality instruments based on innovative technology.
Satisfy every customer to the best of our ability.
Run the company with clarity and courage.
Quality Control Inspector (Production Area)
Summary of Position:
Ensure that manufactured parts and sub-assemblies adhere to company drawings and standards throughout the production process.
Reports to: QC Supervisor
- Inspection of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- In process and final product inspection.
- Basic in process auditing of production area.
- Incoming inspection of precision components, including machined parts; sheet metal and other parts as might be necessary.
- Accurately complete quality related documents.
- Support other departments and quality functions as needed.
- 3+ years inspection experience in a high tech environment or work experience.
- Good working knowledge of measuring tools and quality processes.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, specifications and inspection documents.
- Able to perform detailed dimensional and cosmetic inspection techniques on products.
- Able to work independently and present findings to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Good communication skills and be able to work with and alongside others.
- Experience with circuit boards a plus.
- Experience with electronic sub-assemblies a plus.
- Position requires some standing while performing inspections as needed.
- Must be able to perform visual inspections including: surface finish; cosmetics; color etc.
Final Test Technician
We are seeking a full-time test technician to work in our Final Test department. Under direct supervision, this position performs routine and varied tasks to ensure that production standards are met. This position performs the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of product.
Duties include testing and troubleshooting circuits, components, instruments, and assemblies; performing hand set-ups for AC and DC digital tests; recognizing failures and set-up problems; determining the need for appropriate verification; operating real-time oscilloscopes, digital volt meters, special AC test fixtures, and power supplies.
6 months prior experience in a final test/manufacturing environment a plus.
B.S. in Physics or other related degree required.
Please send your resume along with your salary requirements.
How to Apply
Click the "Apply Now" button under each job opportunity listing and attach your resume to the email.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Quantum Design is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions, policies and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws. Quantum Design will not tolerate or engage in unlawful discrimination including any form of unlawful harassment, on account of a person's sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any protected group.